TEAMWORK IS WORKING TOGETHER TO ACHIEVE A GOAL. FOR TEAMWORK TO BE EFFECTIVE, ALL MEMBERS OF THE TEAM NEED TO DO THEIR PARTS AND BE RESPECTFUL. IN OUR CLASS WE USE TEAMWORK TO HELP EACH OTHER GET BETTER AT NEW SKILLS. WHEN YOU WORK TOGETHER AS A TEAM, THERE REALLY IS NO LIMIT ON WHAT YOU CAN ACHIEVE. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO LEARN AND UNDERSTAND HOW TO BE A TEAM PLAYER.
This month we are learning about teamwork and why it is so important to be a team player. Teamwork is a big part of our class. We count on our students to help each other and work together. Whether it is through sparring, group exercises or just discussing new techniques, it is crucial for our students to help each other out. Students should know what teamwork is, how teamwork will benefit them, and how to be a team player even when it is hard to do.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Teach respect. Being a team player means respecting those around you. Start teaching this to your kids when they are young so it becomes a learned behavior.
- Model the right behavior. Your kids will learn from example. Teach them to value their teammates and never badmouth them and to work together.
- There is no “I” in team. Teach your kids to do what is best for the team, even if it is not always what is best for them personally. Help them see the big picture and a successful outcome for the team as a whole.
- Teach your kids to take responsibility for their actions and ownership of their mistakes. When something goes wrong, it’s easy to point the finger at somebody else, but part of being a team player is accepting your mistakes and learning from them to better your team.
- Encouraging others is a big part of being a good team player. Teach your kids to cheer on their teammates and praise them for a job well done.
Be sure to like and follow us on Facebook for a new talk and questions to ask your kids to encourage a great talk about teamwork each week – here’s a sneak peak …
“UNITY IS STRENGTH… WHEN THERE IS TEAMWORK AND COLLABORATION, WONDERFUL THINGS CAN BE ACHIEVED.”
– MATTIE STEPANEK –
“TALENT WINS GAMES, BUT TEAMWORK AND INTELLIGENCE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.”
– MICHAEL JORDAN –
“ALONE WE CAN DO SO LITTLE, TOGETHER WE CAN DO SO MUCH.”
– HELEN KELLER –
“THE STRENGTH OF THE TEAM IS EACH INDIVIDUAL MEMBER. THE STRENGTH OF EACH MEMBER IS THE TEAM.”
– PHIL JACKSON –