CREATIVITY IS USING YOUR IMAGINATION TO CREATE SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY. IT IS EXPRESSING YOURSELF THROUGH A FORM OF ART OR THROUGH SOLVING A PROBLEM IN A UNIQUE MANNER.
This month we are talking about creativity. It is very important to encourage your kids to be creative and to think outside the box. Children should understand what it means to be creative and use their imagination. It’s also important to work with your kids on how to express their creativity. Do they express themselves best with words or art?
Try several different techniques to figure out what works best for them. In martial arts, kids can be creative by taking what their instructor shows them and making it their own, finding different applications for the techniques we’ve learned. They can use creativity in sparring and partner training … the possibilities are endless.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Talk to your kids about the importance of being creative. Let them know creativity makes them stand out, and that is a good thing.
- Encourage your kids to be creative. Ask if they want to try playing a musical instrument or writing a creative story.
- Explore new inspiration sources together. Try to find creativity in nature, art and travel.
- Brainstorm solutions to a common problem. Find a simple problem around the house and think of different and creative ways to solve it.
- Limit TV and other screen time. Encourage your kids to use their imagination for entertainment.